We are looking for an experienced Maintenance Engineer
for a local Laundry business in Workington, Cumbria.
Reporting to the Operations Manager the role has overall responsibility for the upkeep of all plant and machinery to ensure the plant runs safely, efficiently, and effectively; and that any engineering and maintenance work is compliant, recorded, and all documentation is up to date, easily available, and produced to an auditable standard.
Excellent working environment with a brilliant team!The position has responsibility for (but is not limited to) the following:
- Day-to-day running of Engineering & Maintenance department,
- Actively ensuring that the company’s Health & Safety Policies are adhered to and that the highest standards of Health & Safety are maintained,
- Ensuring that all regular maintenance tasks are carried out in a timely and competent manner and in accordance with the manufacturer’s guidelines and identified best practice,
- Ensuring that all statutory maintenance requirements are completed, recorded, and required certification is kept accessible (e.g., PAT testing, boiler inspections, NDT testing, gas safety testing etc.),
- Identifying the required stock of spare parts, placing orders, when necessary, in consultation with the Operations Manager, keeping accurate records of the spare part inventory. Where possible, proactively identify savings from alternative sources of parts,
- Responsibility for the installation and annual review of key plant and machinery, monitoring performance and recording and reporting any faults.
- Maintaining accurate records of all tasks.
Hours & Salary:
- Proven experience in a Maintenance role
- Comprehension of the importance of Health, Safety and Compliance in a production environment where the Customer is a nuclear facility,
- A good understanding of costs, quantities, timescales, and contract terms for work undertaken in the role,
- Clear ability to learn and understand various processes and associated machine manuals,
- Excellent organisational, communication and interpersonal skills, ability to manage own time effectively, flexible attitude to working hours,
- Performance focused: a challenging, can-do, and problem-solving attitude, initiative-taking and self-motivated.
Monday - Friday, with the occasional Saturday if required.
7.30am - 4.30pm
£35,000 per annum
Salary increase package after 6 months service.Could this role be the one for you! Interested to learn more? *APPLY HERE TODAY*