Value Stream Manager required for large Manufacturing company in Penrith on a full time, permanent basis.
Our client is leading global manufacturer of windows, doors, stairs, and treated composite trim and panels.
Key Objective of the Role
You will help to remodel production activities towards world-class performance; make continuous improvement standard practice and deliver quantified bottom line performance improvement. You will educate and develop your front-line leaders to help you build an energised community of valued team members aspiring for betterment and daily personal achievement.
Drive positive transformation throughout the site, build and mentor effective teams and drive employee engagement, involvement, and development. Safety, Quality and Productivity will be at the heart of all you do. You will ensure that each of your respective departments has a “win the hour, win the day” mentality and offer a career roadmap for those talented individuals with the appetite to grow within our business.
Experience & Knowledge:
- A pro-active approach to ‘SAFETY’ management through creating a culture of safety first ‘act first time every time’
- Lead the management hourly boards delivering all activities and continuous improvement
- Lead and manage team member’s performance and contributions, including absenteeism and discipline
- Deliver continuous improvement processes impacting quality and productivity.
- Educate, develop and inspire team members towards betterment and achievement
- Be responsible for the product quality standards and the continuous improvement of these standards through system compliance and demonstrable 3c prioritisation and achievement.
- Lead team to deliver quality checks, ensuring our customers get the best quality products and service improving the JELD-WEN brand and reputation reducing cost and meeting our customers’ expectations
- Own resource planning for operational activities to target and deliver weekly KPI’s to target
- Drive positive transformation throughout the site, build and mentor effective teams and drive employee engagement, involvement, and development.
- To develop and challenge the production team to embed the lean tools, techniques, and leadership behaviours – be an ambassador for the continuous improvement programme
- Hold structured 121’s with direct reports giving clear next steps by setting smart objectives for both technical and behavioural activities holding everyone accountable to deliver the business plan.
- Previous experience of a ‘Quality’ management culture or equivalent is desirable, not essential
- Previous experience of working in a medium to large manufacturing environment
- Previous experience of leading a team with varying levels of skills and experience
- Experience of working with a SQDCIP (or equivalent) production management
This is a full-time role working on a shift rota. Monday-Friday 6-2pm (Friday 1pm finish), Monday-Friday 2-10pm (Friday 8pm finish), Sunday-Thursday night shift 10pm-6am (Sunday start 11pm).
Excellent development opportunities are on offer if desired.
For more info, please apply today!