Engineering Stores Controller - Stock Controller required for large manufacturing site in Aspatria.
Our client has been undergoing massive investment, with more yet to come, and are now in a position to add a new member to their team. Working closely with the Planned Maintenance Manager, you will be responsible for managing all the stock of engineering spares and equipment along with other site departments for non-stock orders, receipt and distribution.
Typical duties will include:
The ideal candidate:
- Ensure the computer based stores stock system is maintained
- Be responsible for procurement procedures, goods receipting and updating the stock management system
- Liaising with finance to minimise supplier invoice queries
- Ensure optimum engineering spares stock levels to support the planned maintenance programme
- Work with key suppliers to ensure best value is obtained on orders
- Assist in the preparation of the daily and weekly PPM schedule by putting together items in readiness for planned activities
- Previous experience working within a stock control or engineering stores role would be ideal
- Knowledge or good understanding of Procurement or Purchase Orders
- Good computer literacy skills with the ability to use Microsoft Excel and input basic data onto spreadsheets
- Highly organised with the ability to manage multiple orders, requests and tasks
- Excellent attention to detail
- It would be an advantage if you had a Counter Balance FLT License but this isn't essential
- Experience using IFS would also be an advantage but not essential. Any other experience with a stock management system would be sufficient
This is a full time permanent position working Monday to Friday 8am - 4pm. Excellent benefits package available along with progression opportunities if desired.