A new opportunity for a Management Accountant has arisen to join a well established, award winning Engineering company in the heart of Workington.
Our client operate from one of the largest workshops in the UK giving them the capability to offer some of the biggest steel and fabrication projects in the UK. They offer turnkey solutions including multidiscipline engineering design, manufacture, testing, installation and commissioning.
This role is to support the Finance Director and be involved in the financial and management reporting and financial controls. It will involve overseeing the Financial Ledgers and purchase and sales transaction processing and supporting the development of the IT and reporting systems.
- Assisting in the timely preparation of monthly management accounts
- Assisting in the production of budgets and monthly/quarterly forecasts
- Preparation and posting of accruals, prepayments, and other month end journals
- Balance sheet reconciliations
- Providing accurate and timely commercial analysis and support
- Establish and ensure compliance with agreed financial processes and controls
- Cash flow forecasting
- Assist with the development of the Microsoft Navision system and reporting
- Preparing and submitting quarterly VAT returns
- Project cost reporting and reviews, and working with the project team to minimise WIP through timely invoicing of payment milestones
- Assisting in the treasury activities and supplier payments
- Control of Fixed Asset expenditure and reporting.
- Assisting with Annual Statutory Accounts preparation and Audits.
- Part qualified accountant (ACA; CIMA; ACCA or equivalent) with experience working in an engineering/manufacturing setting.
- IT literate, with knowledge of Microsoft Office and excellent excel skills
- Knowledge of Microsoft Dynamics Navision ERP software package would be an advantage but not essential.
This is a full time, office based role working 36.5 hours per week. Salary will be discussed prior to interview and be dependant up on experience.