This position is being advertised on behalf of Riverside Recruitment who operate as an employment business. Our client is looking for a Maintenance Planner to join their engineering team. The maintenance planner role is vital to the success of the engineering department and wider business objectives.
The maintenance planner is responsible for collating and issuing a weekly maintenance plan. The maintenance planner is part of the engineering leadership team and will attend the departmental meetings. It is expected the maintenance planner will proactively contribute to the engineering strategy. The maintenance planner will play a key role is driving the sites ambition to move away from a traditional maintenance program to an on-line Reliability Based Maintenance plan using the latest condition-based monitoring techniques.
Key accountabilities & deliverables:
The aim is to manufacture the company’s product to an agreed specification in a cost effective and safe manner.
The company produces a variety of products to meet customer needs. The daily focus for everyone needs to be on achieving the daily requirements right first time, in a safe factory environment at an improved ongoing cost.
Key deliverables of the maintenance planner:
- Maintain a balance of PMs and planned repairs identified from online CBM inspection.
- Advanced planning of schedules- seven days forward
- Assessment of Planning scope of works (Technical Expertise)
- Maintain SAP Asset history.
- Schedule and plan long term horizon activities to feed into the budget process (1-5 yr. horizo
- Help to generate and maintain compliance to DSOP’s/ Risk Assessments / Maintenance Risk Assessments.
- Ensure compliance with Every Day Quality processes.
- Be part of the Engineering Health and Safety team (e-sits)
- Consider and apply sustainability, waste minimisation and Energy consumption where appropriate.
Skills and Experience Required:
Mechanical and Electrical comprehension skills
-Fault finding skills
-Data analysis & interpretation skills
-Risk assessment trained
-Permit to work trained
-Technical report writing ability
-Full understanding of safe working practices and relevant legislation where applicable
-Ability to follow instructions
-Accuracy/attention to detail
-Knowledge of COSHH (essential as job relevant)
-Sound PC skills
-Problem solving techniques
-Influencing skills (essential medium term)
SAP PM and MM knowledge
Experience of implementing a condition based monitoring system
Experience of completing the maintenance planner role in a similar FMCG environment
Formal engineering qualification to at least City & Guilds level, NVQ level 3 or equivalent in a mechanical and/or electrical discipline with corresponding practical experience.
Train the trainer course.
NVQ Level 3 Lean tools and techniques.
Current Edition wiring regs.
SAP PM super user status achieved.
To apply for this role please forward your CV online.