A new opportunity for an experienced Supplier Quality Engineer has arisen to join a well established, award winning Engineering company in the heart of Workington.
Our client operate from one of the largest workshops in the UK giving them the capability to offer some of the biggest steel and fabrication projects in the UK. They offer turnkey solutions including multidiscipline engineering design, manufacture, testing, installation and commissioning.
- Working at all levels within the company, to assure the day to day implementation and maintenance of the company’s Quality management system(s) in all areas of the procurement process from start to finish to effectively manage the quality of the supply Chain.
- To carry out external supplier audits -Liaising as required with suppliers and internal customers
- To carry out internal audits
- Provide an independent oversight and review of deliverables throughout the purchasing life cycle with respect to suppliers
- Promoting robust communications between Quality, procurement, Project management and supply chain.
This role Involves travelling and stays away from home on a regular basis.The ideal candidate will have:
- An appreciation of Health and Safety and environmental issues in an engineering business
- Understanding of nuclear industry specifications and requirements.
- Knowledge of quality assurance requirements and procedures
- QMS Lead auditor Certified – Essential
- Member of Relevant Institute
This is a full time role working and salary will be dependant upon experience.