We are looking to appoint a high performing Global Sales Director for a well established manufacturing business based in Workington.
Located within the beautiful Lake District, our client manufactures a wide range of health and beauty products and cater to large export markets as well as high street retailers and web based customers across the UK.
The successful candidate will be tasked with developing sales plans and turnover, as well as attending trade shows across the UK and Internationally.
This role will attract a generous basic salary of £55k with an OTE of £130k derived from a turnover based bonus scheme. Holidays, pension and health care will be discussed at interview and this role will be worked from home with office contact on an appointment basis.
- Identify and reporting on business opportunities in target markets
- Maximise new business development opportunities, particularly with larger multi-site retail chains
- Creating strong and effective stakeholder relationships with current and prospect accounts
- Representing the business at conferences, trade fairs and networking events
- Working closely with the Director to respond to changes in the market and navigate with effective strategies
- Previous experience working as a Sales Director, Sales Manager or Senior Sales Associate
- Proven track record in hitting or exceeding sales targets preferably within product sales
- Proven ability to position products against competitors
- Knowledge of developing relationships with key buyers in the health & beauty sector is desirable but not essential. Other industry sectors will be considered.
- Good understanding of creating budgets and reporting on progress with the SMT