A new opportunity for an experienced Manufacturing Planner has arisen to join a well established, award winning Engineering company in the heart of Workington.
Our client operate from one of the largest workshops in the UK giving them the capability to offer some of the biggest steel and fabrication projects in the UK. They offer turnkey solutions including multidiscipline engineering design, manufacture, testing, installation and commissioning.
The main purpose of this role will be to co-ordinate and be responsible for the workshop forward load resourced schedule to achieve contractual delivery dates.
Typical duties will include:
The ideal candidate will have:
- To liaise with, and feedback to, the Project Planners, Engineers and Managers of progress and impact.
- To liaise with workshop management and personnel to gain understanding of progress status and potential issues across all projects.
- To liaise with Procurement to obtain latest delivery status and update programme activities to satisfy the project requirements.
- To propose solutions to mitigate potential progress issues and develop an agreed revised workshop plan.
- Ensure workshop capacity is utilised efficiently to maximise productivity.
- To support the Planning department to produce Contract and Tender programmes when requested.
- Experience in using Primavera P6 or similar programme
- Experience of manufacturing processes within an Engineering environment
- Proactive problem solver and self motivated team player
Salary will be dependant upon experience. This is a full time position working 36.5 hours per week.