Transport Team Manager
£32,000 plus company bonus scheme
Location - Carlisle, Cumbria.
We are now looking for a Transport Team Manager, to deliver all aspects of the shift operation, ensuring the delivery of an efficient and customer focussed service.
As Transport Team Manager, you will be responsible for shift performance through motivation and development of the team, along with forward planning of staffing levels to drive productivity and performance.
Key Responsibilities will include:
To be successful as Transport Team Manager, you will need the following:
- Manage transport resources in line with operational and budget requirements
- Plan and manage operational resources to optimise the utilisation of labour and equipment
- Work closely with customers to meet current and anticipated requirements, taking time to understand their priorities
- Address customer concerns immediately and ensure all communications to customers are completed accurately and in a timely manner, managing issues where necessary
- Ensure effective communication and engagement levels are met with all team members
- Proven track record of successfully managing a transport department
- Commercial and financial understanding of a multi customer operation
- Proven track record of successfully developing constructive customer relationships
- Experience of Process and Continuous Improvement methodologies
- In-depth knowledge of driver’s rules and regulations and WTD
- Strong leadership and organisational skills
If this sounds like the role for you then please click apply now!