A Document Controller is required to join a growing Engineering Company in the heart of Workington. Our client operate from one of the largest workshops in the UK giving them the capability to offer some of the biggest steel and fabrication projects in the UK. They offer turnkey solutions including multidiscipline engineering design, manufacture, testing, installation and commissioning.
Main Duties for the role is as follows:
• Managing and maintain templates, spreadsheets and databases.
• Control documentation in/out, including reproduction, collation, transmittal etc. and maintain an outgoing Document Control register.
• Control, reproduce and issue of large scale Drawings to Workshops and maintain registers.
• Interfacing with Manufacturing Workshops – manage and control all manufacturing drawings and restricted drawing held within the Workshops environment. (departments include Goods Inward, Industrial Engineers, Fabrication, Machine Shop and Assembly)
• Compilation and completion of all the Lifetime Quality Records for internal and external Clients.
• Build strong working relationships with internal Team Leaders, Sub Contractors and Suppliers to ensure information is distributed efficiently, and information related queries are dealt with quickly.
• Work closely with Project Managers/Project Engineers in order to ensure all key project personnel are notified of incoming deliverables
GCSE’s in Maths and English – Essential IT Qualification - Desirable Experience & Knowledge An Awareness of Document Management Systems – Desirable Proficient in IT and Microsoft Packages - Essential Basic Understand of Engineering Drawings – Desirable Minimum 2 years’ Experience in an Administration Environment.
To Apply for this role please forward your CV Online.