We are currently recruiting for an Export Shipping Clerk to work in a busy distribution site in Carlisle.
Our client are part of a large worldwide operation and currently distribute products to a variety of clients across the world. They operate within one of the fastest growing sectors, and already have confirmed orders for 2025. As a result, the Carlisle site has plans to expand meaning they can offer one of the most secure positions along with training, development and progression opportunities, all from their current setup in Carlisle.
You will work with a multi-functional team, although your role will be trusted to be worked independently.
Typical duties will include:
This is a varied and busy role, and the ideal candidate will therefore need to have:
- Handling export documentation
- Making of invoices
- Making of packing list
- Making of certificate of origin
- Making of insurance certificate
- Co-ordination with vendors and freight forwarders
- Problem solving for customers and suppliers about shipping routes, delayed items, and rush orders
- Liaising with warehouse about product ordering and storage
- Previous experience of working in a shipping, export or other logistics position
- Good working knowledge of export documentation and the regulations associated with the export of products outside of the UK
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work independently
- For more information, please apply today!