We are looking to appoint a high performing Sales Manager or Sales Director for a well established manufacturing business based in Workington.
Located within the beautiful Lake District, our client manufactures a wide range of health and beauty products and cater to large export markets as well as high street retailers and web based customers across the UK.
The successful candidate will be tasked with developing strategy, sales plans and profit targets as well as managing and growing the on site sales team to achieve defined financials.
This role will attract a generous basic salary of £45k - 55k with an OTE of £95k derived from a turnover based bonus scheme.
Holidays, pension, healthcare, and flexi working will be discussed at interview. This role will predominantly be office based.
- Identify and reporting on business opportunities in target markets
- Maximise new business development opportunities, particularly with larger multi-site retail chains
- Creating strong and effective stakeholder relationships with current and prospect accounts
- Maintain an effective sales team by recruiting and training employees, including monitoring progress, and appraising performance
- Representing the business at conferences, trade fairs and networking events
- Working closely with the Director to protect profit margins, respond to changes in the market and navigate with effective strategies
- Previous experience working as a Sales Manager or Sales Director
- Proven track record in hitting or exceeding sales targets preferably within product sales
- Proven ability to position products against competitors
- Knowledge of developing relationships with key buyers in the health & beauty sector is desirable but not essential. Other industry sectors will be considered.
- Experience in motivating and training staff, utilising personal development plans
- Good understanding of creating budgets and reporting on progress with the SMT