Experienced Fabrication Shop Manager required for Award Winning Engineering Company in Workington.
Our client operate from one of the largest workshops in the UK giving them the capability to offer some of the biggest steel and fabrication projects in the UK. They offer turnkey solutions including multidiscipline engineering design, manufacture, testing, installation and commissioning.
The successful candidate will report direct to the Head of Manufacturing and be responsibility for all operations within the welding fabrication department .
The main responsibilities will include:
The ideal candidate will have:
- Ensure that all relevant environmental and health & safety regulations and procedures are adhered to
- Interpret workshop/design drawings and job sheets, complete production schedules and allocate works
- Ensure goods are produced to meet requirements in terms of H&S, quality, programme and cost
- Manage reporting, team leaders, employees and monitor performance
- Ensure personnel are adequately trained and understand targets and that they are working to consistent standards, meeting delivery dates and quality requirements
- Effective liaison with Welding, Industrial, and the Project Team to ensure that potential problems are resolved efficiently and the manufacture process is not impeded
- Provide evaluation, reports and commentary of progress to the head of Manufacturing and the wider Senior Management Team.
- Provide necessary technical assistance in tendering for jobs as and when required
- Extensive management experience of general metalwork, fabrication and welding of mild steel, stainless steel
- Time served Fabricator/welder with a minimum of HNC in an engineering discipline
- Experience in the Nuclear or MOD sector (Preferred but not essential)
- A strong approach to quality and health & safety and ensuring that standards and procedures are adhered to
- The ability to interpret and read workshop/design drawings and direct the design of the relevant components for assembly in line with best practise manufacture
- Sound commercial acumen and cost awareness with the ability to add value and optimise profits
- Results oriented with the ability to drive change and continuous improvement.
Salary will be dependant upon experience and discussed prior to, and during, interview stage.