Are you an experienced Project Engineer looking for a new challenge? Or, maybe you are looking for that next step in your career, managing larger projects?
If either of these apply, we would be delighted to hear from you!
Our client operate from one of the largest workshops in the UK giving them the capability to offer some of the biggest steel and fabrication projects in the UK. They offer turnkey solutions including multidiscipline engineering design, manufacture, testing, installation and commissioning.
The purpose of this role is to be the main technical lead on multidiscipline projects of varying depths and scope. To plan, manage and monitor a multidiscipline team of Engineers to support project delivery. To report functionally to the Project Manager on the work being undertaken whilst remaining commercially focused.
Qualifications and Experience Required:
- To assess project requirements from a technical perspective
- To deliver work in accordance with the business management systems and to plan, monitor, forecast and control various aspects of a project. In particular safety, quality, technical, schedule and resource
- To oversee the manufacture of complex components and assemblies including any testing and commissioning activities
- To ensure the project is undertaken safely in accordance with the legislative requirements
- To produce reports and documentation where required and provide technical advice within the Project
- To produce the Bill of Materials, including identifying all technical and quality requirements to allow the procurement of both goods and services
- To liaise with manufacturers, organise and or carry our inspection and expediting activities to satisfy the project requirements
- To set up, control and be responsible for the safe, efficient and timely erection and commissioning of plant and equipment both within workshop assembly and at customers site. This is to include incorporation of as built modifications within the final project document packages
- To work individually or as part of a larger project team, which may be led by either an equivalent or a Project Manager
- Minimum HND in Mechanical Engineering or demonstrable experience
- Experience of managing a multi discipline team of engineers executing multiple projects to budget and schedule
- Experience in understanding and applying client specifications and quality requirements
- Ability to plan and prepare work to prevent poor performance and to foresee where potential problems may occur
- Experience within a manufacturing environment
- IOSH Managing Safely is preferred but not essential
- Nuclear Industry Experience preferred but not essential
This is a full time role working 36.5 hours per week.
For more info, please apply!