A Welder Fabricator is required to join a growing Engineering Company in the heart of Workington.
Our client operate from one of the largest workshops in the UK giving them the capability to offer some of the biggest steel and fabrication projects in the UK. They offer turnkey solutions including multidiscipline engineering design, manufacture, testing, installation and commissioning.
You will be supporting the team leader in achieving plant targets, product quality, and Health & Safety objectives.
Pay and Salary will be dependent on experience whilst the working hours will include a 1, 2 or 3 shift pattern. A shift allowance will be paid for the 2 and 3 shift patterns.
The ideal candidate will have:
- A relevant Time Served Qualification in Fabrication or welding (or min Level 3 with 3 years shopfloor experience) - Essential
- Heavy engineering experience - Essential
- Knowledge of Health & Safety and Quality Assurance - Essential
- Understanding of production costs to include waste, downtime, scrap and re-work - Essential
- Drawing interpretation including basic machining tolerances and surface finishing - Essential
- Welding ability: MIG/MAG Tig weld, able to work towards Codings for Sub Arc and Flux Core - Essential
- Material preparation - grinding, burring, dressing (abrasive wheels) - Essential
- Experienced in the fabrication of carbon steel and stainless steel - Essential
- Thermal cutting and chamfering (oxy-propane) - Essential
- Plasma cutting - Essential
- Marking off - for fabrication assembly and machining allowance - Essential
- To be able to use basic inspection measuring tools - Essential
- Experience with weld procedures and welder qualifications (codings) - Essential
- Welding Codes - Essential