Welder Fabricator required for award winning Engineering company in Workington. Offering training and development, excellent progression opportunities and salary reviews, why not come and join a company who will invest in you!
The purpose of this role is to support the Team Leader with the manufacturing unit in achieving plant operational targets, product quality, customer service and health & safety objectives.
The ideal candidate will have:
- A relevant Time Served Qualification in Fabrication or welding or min Level 3 with shop floor experience
- Heavy engineering experience
- Knowledge of Health & Safety and Quality Assurance
- Understanding of production costs to include waste, downtime, scrap and re-work
- Drawing interpretation including basic machining tolerances and surface finishing
- Welding ability: MIG/MAG Tig weld, able to work towards Codings for Sub Arc and Flux Core
- Material preparation - grinding, burring, dressing (abrasive wheels)
- Experienced in the fabrication of carbon steel and stainless steel
- Thermal cutting and chamfering (oxy-propane)
- Plasma cutting
- Marking off - for fabrication assembly and machining allowance
- Basic inspection measuring tools
- Experience with weld procedures and welder qualifications (codings)
This is a great role for someone looking to grow with a company where you will be working alongside an established team.
You will be working full time on a shift rota. Shift allowance is paid on 2 or 3 shift systems. You can usually expect to start on 2 shifts with the option to move to 3 shifts depending on business needs and ability. Therefore it is ideal that you will be able to work 3 shifts if required.
Starting salary will increase after probation and training.
For more information, please apply today!