Sunday Postal Delivery Driver
We are now looking for Sunday Postal Delivery Drivers to work each weekend delivering letters and parcels to residential properties in and around Carlisle.
The items you will be delivering will vary between 24hr tracked postal items and Covid-19 home test kits.
As a Postal Delivery Driver, your duties will include:
- Collect items from the main distribution centre and load to van
- Perform appropriate vehicle checks prior to departure
- All units to be collected and delivered within scheduled times
- Be responsible for the vehicle and collected mail/content security
- Effective and secure delivery and handover of test kits/tracked items
- Apply all PPE and follow safety systems at all times
- Wearing of face masks is mandatory in line with company policy
- All necessary PPE will be provided including masks and gloves
Immediate start available after completing security checks.
Ongoing work each Sunday and you will receive 4 weeks notice prior to any changes in work requirements.
Shifts will be approx: 1300-1900 but times may vary depending on local site operation changes.
£13.91 per hour Sunday
Guaranteed 6 hrs.
As a driver. you will need the following:
- Valid car licence with no more than 6 points
- a friendly, customer facing personality
- be ok with working outdoors - there may be some walking duties
In return, you will receive:
- Full training on collection activities
- Trained on how to use PDA technology
- Mail Security training
- All relevant H&S training
Interested in this opportunity? Then please click apply now!