Are you looking for your next opportunity within the Transport Industry? If you have experience of working with Drivers, then we have the opportunity for you!
We are now looking for a Supply Chain Coordinator to join our small but friendly team in Carlisle. This is a hands-on role where you will be responsible for planning the day to day operation of a busy transport desk, ensuring a seamless service to all clients and drivers. You must therefore have a professional manner and strong customer service skills at all times. A sense of humour is also essential, as we like to think of ourselves as a fun team to work with!
Key Responsibilities as Supply Chain Coordinator:
- Planning drivers daily/weekly to meet work demands.
- Assigning and maximising the utilization of drivers on a daily basis.
- Coordinating with drivers and clients daily.
- Manage the drivers, ensuring start times are adhered to, ensuring the drivers run under the correct driver's hours legislation and WTD.
- Answer all emails, telephone calls within a timely manner.
- Resolve clients and drivers queries where applicable.
- All other transport office related duties, infringements/licence checks/driver registrations/and all relevant administration tasks.
- Ensure the planning system is running in real time.
- Liaise with the rest of the team about the strategies to strive for continual improvement.
- Experienced within a fast-paced planning environment.
- Previous General Haulage experience (or similar - Fleet Management)
- Up to date knowledge of the latest transport regulations.
- Strong communication skills both written and verbal at all levels.
- Team player that operates with honesty and integrity at all times.
In return, you will receive a competitive salary between £24,000 - £26,000 p/a along with company benefits, commission structure and the opportunity to work for an inclusive business which will encourage your personal and professional growth, while providing a positive and dynamic workplace.
If this sounds like the place for you, then please click apply now!