Riverside Recruitment are working on behalf of their client to recruit for an experienced Production Planner.
Our client offers a broad range of products servicing small engineering companies to some of the largest multi-nationals. They are looking to compliment their current team with a Production Planner who can conduct contract reviews and plan production routines across all production departments and communicate that plan to production mangers.
This is a fast paced and complex role, therefore the ideal candidate should possess the following:
Typical duties will include:
- A background in manufacturing and an understanding of industrial processes.
- Demonstrable knowledge and experience of operational planning across a number of production departments.
- Demonstrable knowledge and experience of order input processes / contract review processes.
- The ability to work in a multi-disciplinary team with excellent communication skills.
- An ability to multitask and prioritise work.
- An ability to adapt the operational plan when priorities change.
- Experience working with MS Office.
- Experience with MRP systems or other ERP systems.
This is a full time role paying up to £30k for the right candidate. You can expect a generous benefits package along with stability, security and future development if desired.
- Contract review (commercial and technical details) of customer orders.
- Liaison with the sales organisation to confirm customer order requirements.
- Planning of production activities including sub-contract operations.
- Liaison with production managers to ensure that material flows through the factory as efficiently as possible.
- Progressing of work orders through the production process to ensure adherence to customer required delivery dates.
- Liaison with sub-contractors.