An exciting opportunity has arisen to join a fast paced and growing manufacturing business in Carlisle as an Export Officer.
The main purpose of the role is to expedite outbound movements on behalf of clients whilst maintaing excellent customer service.
The ideal candidate will:
- Have previous experience working in a similar role and be confident in preparing export documentation
- Be familiar with working in a customs warehouse
- Have a good working knowledge of shipping regulations and policies
- Be qualified to high school diploma level or above
- It would be an advantage to have a recognised Import / Export qualification, although this isn't essential
Main duties will include:
- Planning and arrangement of international consignments according to client instructions and requirements
- Completion of export documents from start to finish
- Completion of export customs entry to be under various CPC’s
- End to end monitoring of outbound movements
- Day to day invoicing and job costing
- Communication with overseas offices/partners
- Regularly updating customers monthly rates
- Quoting new traffic
- Ensure all enquiries or other communications are actioned promptly and efficiently
Working Hours: 4 applicants required to cover 7 days a week 6.00-14.00 and 14.00-22.00, 4 days on / 4 days off. And 1 applicant required to cover Sunday to Thursday 22.00-6.00.
Salary will be dependant upon experience up to £30k p/a.
If you are looking for a stable career, within a large organisation, we would be delighted to hear from you!