Riverside Recruitment are looking to recruit a Welder Fabricator on behalf of our client based in the Lockerbie area.
Our client is looking for a Welder Fabricator to join their team manufacturing new and refurbishing high speed timber processing machinery. This role will involve mostly MIG welding with some TIG and Stick. Applicants must also be familiar with cutting and preparation of the metal sections required for assembly and competent in the welding together all new M/S sections manufactured to design drawings. Applicants should be competent in using standard fabrication shop equipment i.e. plasma cutters, chop saw, oxyacetylene torch, Electric powered Hacksaw, Floor standing Drills etc.
Counter Balance fork lift and MEWP certification would be an advantage but not essential, some of the client contracts involve on site work so CSCS certification is an advantage however any specific training will be provided.
This role will be based in the Lockerbie area but will involve travelling to client locations across the UK for up to a week at a time. Travel, accommodation and substance costs will be covered by the client.
Role and Responsibilities:
Experience and Qualifications:
- Must be able to use electricity and torches to weld together components using engineering drawings and written or verbal instructions.
- Ability to consult blueprints and sketches in order to execute jobs and tasks to specification
- Must be able to operate specialised machinery for industrial welding, and should be familiar with welding machinery, components, and techniques.
- To operate hoists, hand power tools, slings, grinders, cutting torch, plasma cutters, chop saw, oxyacetylene torch, Electric powered Hacksaw, Floor standing Drills etc.
- To assess equipment, structures, materials, and job specifications for appropriate welding positions and methods.
- To monitor equipment for appropriate usage and temperature.
- Must poses a working knowledge of dozens of methods used for welding a variety of materials and components.
- To monitor the work environment for hazards and maintain healthy ventilation levels to avoid particle or gas inhalation.
- Must be able to follow safety protocol, including wearing heat-resistant gloves, protective masks, and safety shoes.
- Must be able to adhere to company Health and Safety standards at all times.
- Ability to work with a team of fitters and welders to assist in the fabrication of multi-component parts.
- Time served
- Experience in a manufacturing environment
- Must have a minimum of two years welding or fabrication experience
£13.50 per hour. Shift Patterns:
50 hours per week Monday to Friday.
To apply, please submit your full CV or call 01228 590800 (option 2) for further information.