Riverside Recruitment are looking for a Quality Technician on behalf of our client based in the Carlisle area.
The successful candidate will be responsible for monitoring and controlling product quality, liaising with all levels of production control quality matters, and to undertake all relevant product and type testing to ensure conformity to relevant standards.
This is initially a temporary contract with permanent employment offered to suitable candidates.
Please note, due to location candidates MUST have their own transport.
Experience and Qualifications
- Monitoring the quality of incoming materials and outgoing finished products
- Conducting FPC measurements as per the CE requirements on the single skin products and record the measurements
- Ensuring records are stored safely and are easily accessible for surveillance audits
- Identify non-conforming product and halt production if required, ensuring the HOD have been notified of NC product
- Supporting and advising the Production Team in quality related issues
- Reporting any quality related issues to the QSHE Manager
- Liaise with Purchasing and chemical suppliers, to ensure a continuous and adequate supply is maintained
- Calibration of all laboratory equipment, ensuring measuring equipment issued to production is calibrated to an acceptable CE Standards
- Must engender a “Zero Harm” culture within the business, which recognises and promotes the absolute importance of health and safety and environmentally responsible behaviour, whilst adhering to SIG Building Solutions policies
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Good computer skills. (Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word and SAP System).
- An understanding of the ISO9001:2015 standard.
- Internal auditor for ISO9001 (desirable not essential)
- An understanding of CE Marking
- An understanding of the 5S/Lean
- An understanding of Health and Safety requirements and COSHH regulations
- A knowledge of products manufactured within the business. (desirable not essential)
- Experience in a similar role
£10.48 per hour
The overtime rate after 40 hours is time and a half. Working hours
Monday to Friday
6.00am-2.00pm and 2.00pm-10.00pm (alternate weeks).How to Apply
To apply please submit your full, up to date CV.