Riverside Recruitment are looking to recruit an Electrical Design Engineer on behalf of our client based in West Cumbria.
The purpose of this role is to make a significant contribution to the design engineering of multidisciplinary projects of varying depth as requested by the Team Leader. To report to the Team Leader and functionally to the Lead Engineer or Project Engineer on the work being undertaken.
Starting salary of £28,000 dependent on experience.
36.5 hours per week Monday to Friday.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- To provide, design and project estimates, specifications, layouts and other tender documents in sufficient detail and good order to enable project tenders and sales submissions to be made to prospective customers and project variation proposals to be made to existing customers using modern software platforms.
- To deliver work in accordance with office Quality systems and to monitor, forecast and control their aspects of a project.
- To ensure that the design & project output can be manufactured / realised economically (value engineered) and installed, used & maintained safely in accordance with the legislative requirements appertaining to the project and to ensure the customer’s requirements are satisfied.
- To officially liaise/enquire to, and meet with prospective suppliers of goods and services, evaluation of offers, provision of purchase specifications and completion of a Bill of Materials to satisfy the technical, requirements of the project.
- To liaise with manufacturers, organise and or carry our inspection and expediting activities to satisfy the project requirements.
- To set up, control and be responsible for the safe, efficient and timely erection and commissioning of plant and equipment both within workshop assembly and at customers site. This is to include FAT (Factory Acceptance Test), SAT (Site Acceptance Test) and incorporation of as built modifications within the final project document packages.
- To work individually or as part of a larger bid / project team, which may be led by either an equivalent, Lead Engineer, Project Engineer or Bid Manager.
- To support and undertake activities to maintain site electrical infrastructure as instructed and requested by the team leader.
- To positively undertake continuous self - development to improve the success of the whole team.
- To deputise for the Lead Engineer as requested.
- 5 years industry related experience within a design and engineering or manufacturing environment is desirable.
- Experience designing and manufacturing plant equipment for nuclear industries.
- IT Literate with a good knowledge of AutoDesk AutoCAD Electrical to produce Schematic, Layout and block cable diagrams.
- Knowledge and experience of developing and troubleshooting PLC, HMI Drive programme.
- Knowledge and experience of designing and commissioning of MCC, Control panel and instrumentation.
- Knowledge and experience of using BS EN ISO 13849 (Design and Validation) to establish Performance Level (PL) for Safety Related Parts of a Control System.