Riverside Recruitment are currently recruiting Service Engineers on behalf of our client based in the North West.
Working predominantly within the Service team, help the service department in installation and commissioning, servicing, developing equipment in Europe, Asia and the Middle East..
- Deliver service work on canmaking machinery to include initial inspection, maintenance; start up, commissioning upgrades and conversions.
- Once a customer enquiry has been specified, identify the technical requirements to ensure that the customer expectations are met.
- To aid and assist customers with training and cost saving value engineering exercises.
- Working on customer queries, problem solving to help with correction of faults, improvements in techniques or reverse engineering.
- Offer recommendations to the customer for improvements and upgrades of equipment that will improve the performance of equipment.
Large Turnkey projects
- During the installation of the equipment, highlight any faults to the project manager and arrange for replacements to be sent.
- Working with, customer engineers make sure that the line runs to specification and to the satisfaction of the customer to ensure sign off.
- Reporting of any relevant information to the Service Manager.
- Work without supervision
- Carry out any reasonable work request
- To comply with all current Health and Safety Legislation
- Train customers on the machine setting and maintenance.
- Working with the Spares team, help to promote Sales of Spares components and deal face to face with customers.
- Trying to sell Spares to customers with limited or no training on the processes, packages or opportunities.
- Need for flexibility to meet the changing needs of clients.
- Working effectively with colleagues whilst ensuring that clients’ needs are identified and achieved.
- Understanding the customer requests and ensuring that information is translated back to the head office accurately.
- Working to very tight deadlines.
Mandatory Job related Competencies:
- City and Guilds Mechanical Engineering.
- Time served 4 year Apprenticeship Mechanical Maintenance
- Capable of understanding full Engineering drawings.
- Computer literate.
- Willingness to travel and work globally.
- To have cultural awareness of Asia, Europe and Africa and The Middle East.
- Re-set machines to manufacturers specifications
- Strip and rebuild various components and machines.
- The jobholder should be flexible, positive and detail conscious.
- The ability to work in a systematic, thorough and precise manner is necessary to maintain accurate records.
- A high level of customer service and inter personal skill is essential to achieve the required levels of customer satisfaction.
- Working to tight deadlines.
- An ability to manage time efficiently.
- Flexible, positive and detail conscious.
- Ability to work on own initiative.
- Willingness to share knowledge and skills.
- Strong work ethic – proven ability to “go above and beyond.”
- Positive attitude and the ability to stay flexible in a fast paced, changing environment.
- Able to work independently without close supervision.
- Build confidence and pride, both internally and externally through positive attitude.